We're Now Accepting Form 990 for the 2022 Tax Year.
How to E-File Form 990 Electronically?
To file Form 990 electronically, follow the steps below to complete your filing:
- Step 1 : Search your organization EIN
- Step 2 : Choose the tax year to file
- Step 3 : Complete Form Details either using the Interview Style or Direct Form Entry Process
- Step 4 : Our system will validate the Form data against the IRS business rules and report errors if any
- Step 5 : Review your Form 990 and transmit it to the IRS
Ready to File Form 990 Electronically?Get Started Now
Pricing to E-file Form 990
- Auto-generate Schedules for FREE
- No subscription fees or contracts
- Pay only for the return you file
- Discounted pricing for tax professionals
- Live support via phone, email, and chat
|Form 990-N||Form 990-EZ||Form 990||Form 990-PF||Form 990-T|
What is Form 990?
IRS Form 990 is an annual information return filed by tax-exempt organizations, nonexempt charitable trusts, and section 527 political organizations.
Exempt organizations with gross receipts greater than or equal to $200,000 or total assets greater than or equal to $500,000 at the end of the tax must file Form 990.
exempt.com/e-file-form-990/ to learn more about Form 990.
When is the Due Date to File Form 990?
Form 990 is due on the 15th day of the 5th month after the organization's accounting period ends.
If your organization operates on the calendar year, then the due date is May 15th.
Note: If the due date falls on Saturday, Sunday, or a Federal Holiday, file the nonprofit tax returns on the next business day.
Find your Nonprofit form 990 Filings
Information required to E-File Form 990
The following information is required to
e-file Form 990:
- Organization's name, EIN, address, and Telephone number
- Relevant details for any Address change, Name change, Initial return (if the organization is filing Form 990 for the first time), final return/terminated, Amended return, or Application is pending.
- Name and address of Principal Officer
- Accounting Method
- Organization's Gross Receipts
- Organization Section (501(c)(3), 501(c), 4947(a)(1) or 527) for tax-exempt status
- Form of Organization (Corporation, Trust, Association, Other), and the year of formation
- The fair market value of all assets at the end of the year
Form 990 Electronic Filing Requirements
IRS has mandated electronic filing of Form 990 for tax years beginning on or after July 2, 2019, under Section 3101 of P.L. 116-25.
When you file electronically, the IRS can process your 990 return more quickly, and you will get an instant status of the submitted return.
Get started with efile990.org, powered by tax990, an IRS-authorized e-file provider for 990 Forms, and complete your nonprofit tax filing hassle-free!
Visit https://www.expresstaxexempt.com/501c3-tax-filing/ to know more.